nisatopia

nisatopia

Sunday 4 April 2010

Turtles are back...



I just found out from my last visit to afafa's work place that the turtle season is back...I just love turtles!!! I remember from the last season we went to watch the turtle laid eggs...it was as big as a table! The eggs were brought back to the resort (they have a little sanctuary there) and buried in the sand. After two months I could see little turtles coming out of the sands...well...sometimes they came out with 'little help' from unseen hands!!! The babies were kept for a while in a big pond so they get stronger. What I love most is when the turtles were released back to the sea...it was such great feeling to see them crawled back to the sea (to think that they were brought to the shore but can still find their way to the water). I just love turtles and can't wait for this season's new babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment